Eating for Cheap on Capri: Budget Restaurants for Meals Under 20 Euros
Get a great meal without breaking the bank on Capri!
Where can I get a great meal without breaking the bank on Capri?
If you are planning a vacation or simply a quick daytrip to Capri, you've probably asked yourself this question. Well, we who live on Capri all year round, want to reveal where we go for excellent food at an affordable price. Here are some options for a inexpensive meal - under EUR 20 a person - including caffès, beach kiosks, and pizzerias...but no tourist traps with fixed menus!
Beach Refreshment Stands
- Da Antonio al Faro di Punta Carena: This is an old-school beach kiosk with a 1950s vibe directly beneath the lighthouse. Dive in the water, bask in the sun, then grab one of their outdoor tables for a plate of caponata or a saltimbocca. This is also a great place for an evening cocktail at sunset.
Price: around EUR 15 a person for a caponata and a drink.
- El Merendero: On Marina Piccola's public beach, this spot offers a few tables, loungers, and beach umbrellas where you can enjoy a filling sandwich, refreshing cocktail, and a granita made with fresh fruit (all against a background of bouncy salsa music) before heading back to the beach. What more could you ask for?
Price: EUR 10-EUR 15 a person for a sandwich and a drink
- Aumm Aumm: This is one of the best pizzerias on the island, offering thick, flavorful slices with a variety of toppings. It is also one of Anacapri's busiest eateries, as it's open all winter and late into the evening. Its widescreen tv makes it a favorite venue for fans to watch Italy's most beloved sport, soccer! If you're looking for a place to rub elbows with the locals, this is the perfect choice. (Via Caprile 18, Anacapri. Open only for dinner; closed Mondays; reservations recommended for Saturday and when the Naples soccer team games are televised! Phone: 081 837 3926)
Price: EUR 10-EUR 15 for a pizza and a beer
We also like the pizza at Il Buco (in Anacapri, between Piazza Vittoria and Piazza della Pace) and Verginiello and Buca di Bacco (both located in the center of Capri).
- Verginiello: You can count on local cuisine from Capri to be excellent, but we especially like this spot because it's open year-round and the prices are fair. If you are looking for a complete, multi-course meal, you will probably spend more than ¤20, but it remains one of the best price/quality ratios on the island. They also make excellent pizza.
Price: from EUR 20 for a meal; EUR 10-EUR 20 for a pizza and a beer. (Via Lo Palazzo, 25/A, from Via Roma follow the stairs down from the Post Office. Open for lunch and dinner.)
- Capri Pasta (known by the locals as "Da Roberto"): from Via Le Botteghe take the cross street Via Parrocco Canale (right in front of our office!) and just a few steps up you'll find this rosticceria. They offer pre-made pasta and meat dishes, sandwiches, fried specialties (including ravioli fritti) ready for take-away. A great idea if you'd like to pack a picnic to bring to the beach
Prezzo: about EUR 5 a portion
- Da Aldo: If you find yourself near Marina Grande, perhaps about to set sail for a day trip on the sea, stop by this deli (located in front of the Banchinella) for a panino caprese--the island's classic tomato and mozzarella sandwich.
Prezzo: about EUR 5 a sandwich
If you have any other suggestions about where to eat for less than EUR 20 on Capri, leave us a comment!
Have a question? Ask us!
A day devoted to Capri's highlights
Here are all the free public beaches on the island of Capri
Yummy scrummy Anacapri!
Tel. +39 081 8373926
Lo Sfizio €€€
Heaven for the hungry!
Tel. +39 081 8374128
E' Divino €€€
Tales of the unexpected
Tel. +39 081 8378364
A gourmet paradise in the heart of Capri
Tel. +39 081 8377220
Delicatessen and gourmet take away
Tel. +39 081 8370147
The most famous "caponata" of Capri