"What a wonderful place to visit, the staff and owner could not have been more hospitable, we felt like guests in their very interesting home. The wine was a delight especially the frizante. "
Tasting of organic Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Superiore DOP and lunch featuring local specialties from the slopes of Mount Vesuvius. By "superiore" wines, we mean those with a higher alcohol content than the standard for their classification.
Duration 2 hours
from 2 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (All days)
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Stroll through the vineyards on Mount Vesuvius and the winery with a staff member to learn about Lacryma Christi production.
- Taste 5 Lacryma Christi DOP wines with lunch:
- Lacryma Christi Superiore DOP del Vesuvio Bianco, Lacryma Christi DOP del Vesuvio Rosato, and Lacryma Christi Superiore DOP del Vesuvio Rossowith the antipasto of local salami, provolone cheese, "casatiello" (a savory bread), salted ricotta, bread with olive oil and local herbs and spices, prosciutto ham from Campania, and bruschetta with heirloom Piennolo tomatoes and roasted aubergines on bread baked in a wood-burning oven.
- Lacryma Christi Riserva with the main course of spaghetti tossed with Piennolo tomato and basil sauce.
- Capafresca Spumante Rosato and White Passito IGT with dessert of pastiera napoletana (traditional tart made with ricotta, grain, and candied fruit)
- Vegetarian and vegan options upon request.
- Free shuttle from Pompei Porta Marina for those arriving by train.
- Free parking at the winery.
Cantina del Vesuvio wines are organic and available for purchase exclusively through the winery. SUPERIORE wines are those with a higher alcohol content than the standard for their classification.
Children under 4: free
Children between 4 and 18: EUR 18 for lunch without wine
Cantina del Vesuvio is located in Trecase, halfway between Pompeii and the Mount Vesuvius National Park. This winery visit and tasting lunch is the perfect break for those visiting these two nearby sights. We offer a free shuttle service for Pompeii Ruins. The meeting point is the Pompei Porta Marina NCC Point (where private car services park) before the highway on ramp. Call us and we'll come pick you up in just a few minutes.
Those arriving by car can park in our free parking area.
Provided by: Cantina del Vesuvio (Trecase)
Wines made on the slopes of Vesuvius, with tastings at the winery
Other offers Cantina del Vesuvio
€ 28 per guest
"Mukava paikka. Sorrentosta poikkesimme päiväreissulle ja oli hyvin käytettyä aikaa."
"Delicious food and wine with an amazing view on the sea and the Vesuvio. This is a must when you are in the region!"
Recent visit October 2020
Our taxi driver suggested stopping off here after visiting Pompei. It is a truly beautiful spot, very interesting to hear about the grapes and olives. Meal and wines were nice but felt very rushed... more »
Visited here for tour, wine tasting & lunch when visiting Herculenim in the morning. Excellent addition to the day and so glad we decided to inorporate it. They arranged complimentary... more »
I want to return!
Wine excellent. Food excellent. Hospitality excellent! It was a highlight of our holiday to visit the winery. So interesting and so enjoyable. We will return more »