"Delicious food and wine with an amazing view on the sea and the Vesuvio. This is a must when you are in the region!"
Tasting of organic Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Superiore DOP and lunch featuring local specialties from the slopes of Mount Vesuvius. By "superiore" wines, we mean those with a higher alcohol content than the standard for their classification.
Duration 2 hours
from 2 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (All days)
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Stroll through the vineyards on Mount Vesuvius and the winery with a staff member to learn about Lacryma Christi production.
- Taste 5 Lacryma Christi DOP wines with lunch:
- Lacryma Christi Superiore DOP del Vesuvio Bianco, Lacryma Christi DOP del Vesuvio Rosato, and Lacryma Christi Superiore DOP del Vesuvio Rossowith the antipasto of local salami, provolone cheese, "casatiello" (a savory bread), salted ricotta, bread with olive oil and local herbs and spices, prosciutto ham from Campania, and bruschetta with heirloom Piennolo tomatoes and roasted aubergines on bread baked in a wood-burning oven.
- Lacryma Christi Riserva with the main course of spaghetti tossed with Piennolo tomato and basil sauce.
- Capafresca Spumante Rosato and White Passito IGT with dessert of pastiera napoletana (traditional tart made with ricotta, grain, and candied fruit)
- Vegetarian and vegan options upon request.
- Free shuttle from Pompei Porta Marina for those arriving by train.
- Free parking at the winery.
Cantina del Vesuvio wines are organic and available for purchase exclusively through the winery. SUPERIORE wines are those with a higher alcohol content than the standard for their classification.
Children under 4: free
Children between 4 and 18: EUR 18 for lunch without wine
Cantina del Vesuvio is located in Trecase, halfway between Pompeii and the Mount Vesuvius National Park. This winery visit and tasting lunch is the perfect break for those visiting these two nearby sights. We offer a free shuttle service for Pompeii Ruins. The meeting point is the Pompei Porta Marina NCC Point (where private car services park) before the highway on ramp. Call us and we'll come pick you up in just a few minutes.
Those arriving by car can park in our free parking area.
Provided by: Cantina del Vesuvio (Trecase)
Wines made on the slopes of Vesuvius, with tastings at the winery
Other offers Cantina del Vesuvio
€ 28 per guest
"Wonderful morning spent in this amazing place, the wine was really good and the food too , I really recommend to visit this location"
"Mukava paikka. Sorrentosta poikkesimme päiväreissulle ja oli hyvin käytettyä aikaa."
Wife and I did a private cooking class in Feb while the region was yellow. It was wonderful. Learned how to make pasta and Ravioli. The way she taught, and showed use made it simple. We will be... more »
Small, quaint family vineyard with delicious wine. We were also greeted and served by the family members which added a personal touch to the tour and tasting. more »
Heritage, sustainability, and passion shines through the the food and wine at Cantina del Vesuvio
This experience deserves a standing ovation for the food, the knowledge and care put into the vineyard, and of course, THE WINE! It started off on a great foot when we were picked up at the station... more »