Capri is a small island of just 10 square kilometers with two towns: Capri and Anacapri. The island is very steep, so it is not always easy to get from one area to another by foot.
Marina Grande (port)
- Pro: near the port, the largest beaches, and the departure point for boat tours
- Con: during the day, it can get crowded and there are often long lines for public transport to visit the island
- Ideal for: overnight stays
- Pro: right in the center of the action!
- Con: far from the beach
- Ideal for: honeymooners and everyone who like elegant shops and a chic nightlife
- Pro: near some of the most beautiful beaches on the island
- Con: far from restaurants, shops, and other attractions
- Ideal for: anyone who wants to relax on the beach and enjoy the view of the Faraglioni
- Pro: quiet and authentic atmosphere
- Con: the bus that runs between Capri and Anacapri is often crowded!
- Ideal for: those looking for a relaxing vacation or hikers
Map of Capri »